Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Hi everyone, as we celebrate America's birthday I would like to wish you a safe and happy day!  With that said..
I'm still out of work until Thursday when I go and see the Dr. again.  I am still not feeling stable enough to go back, my moods are up and down and I have a lot of anxiety still.   I've been trying to get out there and have fun, but I haven't been posting much about it, especially on Facebook because I have co-workers on there and I'm sure someone would blab to my boss that I don't look depressed enough.  I guess I shouldn't worry about it because I don't think I will be returning to that position anyhow.  Funny, I'm out on medical leave and not once has anyone called me to ask how I am.  I received two well-wishers on Facebook but that is it.  No call from my boss or co-workers.  Oh well!  Lots of jobs available at the hospital.  They have been wanting me to interview over there for years.  I've put in for jobs and have cancelled interviews because I don't want to take a paycut.  Right now, my sanity is more important.  I won't go back to working until I feel stable.  I hope my Dr. agrees with me.  This disorder runs in my family, so at least I don't feel alone.  
I am sad also because my Mom is not doing well.  Her heart is severely damaged and her diabetes is bad.  She lives so far away and it kills me to know that any day I could get that phone call that she has gone to heaven.  I feel guilty for not being closer to her so I can be with her.  
Wow, this is a gloomy post as usual.  Well, on to more gloom... I am going to the surgeon on Wed for his opinion on the mass left in my breast after the cyst aspiration.  It may very well be just fibrous tissue and I am not upset at all that it may be something else.  I will wait until I see what he thinks and go from there.  
The garden continues to do well, we have a couple of nice zucchini out there, I'm growing one for the fair to see how big it will get, I have an entry for largest zucchini.  I hope mine is a whopper, it has three weeks left to grow.  My cabbage head is looking great too.  I have two plants entered and I'm doing cut flowers again.  Also new this year is antiques.  I have a salt and pepper shaker and a Table Talk pie tin.  The kids are doing culinary so they will get free passes.  
Good news, Sarah was accepted for two weeks at Camp Scully.  Karl just came back and he liked it.  Its 5 days then two off and then 5 more for Sarah.  Overnight camp.  They have nurses on staff to help with the diabetes.  All I need to pay is $70 and the rest is scholarship!  She has diabetes camp in August also.  
Rich wants to go to the summer house for a few days this month also.  Its very quite and scenic there and just what I need I think.  So I will leave you with a picture... Linda

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get better and things will get better for you soon. Have a great time at the summer house. Happy 4th. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depression runs in my family too. I have good weeks and every now and then I fall prey to the dark side.

    I don't think returning to the same job would be good for you. You must think of you first and your sanity.

    Hope you're having a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!