Sunday, January 11, 2009

More snow

We have once again been hit with a significant amount of snowfall. Not like what Woody has been getting up north of me, but about 6-7 inches of the white fluffy stuff. The dog was unable to get out because of it. He is short. The snow would of been up to his belly. I hope the plows have been out so I can get to work this morning!
I worked a little OT last night. Just an 1 and 1/2. Won't amount to much after taxes but its a little bit of help. If I won the lottery I wouldn't be one of those people who say.. I will keep working. Oh No! I will be sitting on my butt living the good life!
Inauguration day is fast upon us isn't it? I think this presidency is going to be more like a Hollywood movie than anything else thanks to the media. They have latched onto Obama and his family like piranhas! I'm eagerly awaiting the time when I can get my income tax return. I need to seriously catch up on some bills and get a few things for myself. I need new glasses and some jeans and new shoes. Being poor is not a fun thing. Of course if you ask me which would you rather have, your internet connection or new sneakers, guess what I would choose! Obviously its not the sneakers! I would like to set a little aside for a trip too. After the Nutwoods have been to Vegas it looks a bit appealing to me! Or maybe Washington DC. That would be great too! I don't know. We will see... Have a great week everyone! Linda

9 comments:

  1. Our freezing weather has now gone and it is 49 degrees today. Just to remind you, you still have Christmas music playing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you'll be getting a sizable return back. Nice. We have lots of snow here...maybe a foot on the ground. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had 5 inches here in gooseisland last night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have a tax return to look forward to, gives you something to look forward to. A trip can be nice, but must warn you that Vegas can be pricey - they charge for everything. The good news is that you can get good room rates, and if you time it right, good airfare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got hit pretty hard the last 2 days. We are now suppose to get below freezing temperatures. I know what you mean about the internet. I would chose that. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG keep your snow! I am drowning in rain but will take that over snow and ice any day. I dont need a thing, but we all need eye checkups and this is being put off till I get taxes back. No you are not poor...just broke, there is a difference! Broke is temporary! I am broke too, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. "the Nutwoods have been to Vegas"

    Hee hee! I think that's the first time we've been called the Nutwoods! Hmm, sounds like a wacky sitcom!

    If you want more value for your dollar, I would recommend DC over Vegas. All the national museums are FREE, and all the monuments. You can get a Metro pass that will take you all over the place. Contact your Congressman to arrange a tour of the White House! You can't beat DC for a great vacation, especially if you're taking the whole family.

    Keep us posted if you decide to take a trip!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Tuesday morning to you. :) You just need to keep that snow there okay? They are already threatening ice here this Saturday night. I know that feeling of waiting on the tax return...we are anxiously waiting too. Afterwards we can breathe a sigh of relief as we pay off some bills too. Hugs, kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nice you get a refund that can help you get caught up and maybe have a little fun too!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!