Saturday, April 21, 2012

Grateful

 

It is funny how I complain so much about not having money but God always provided.  We were down to our last dollar literally and been eating nothing but pasta, chicken from the food pantry and cereal.  Yesterday our neighbor Rick has Rich help him with some work and Rich has been dog sitting for him, so he gave him $30.  He was able to go out and get some food to last us until Tuesday.  
It doesn't mean that I like being broke.. not at all.  I would love to be able to feel secure with food and paying the bills etc..  I want to be able to treat my kids to something once in a while.  I told my husband about a couple night janitorial positions I saw in the online ads and he turned it down.  Oh they don't pay much.. I told him it was better than nothing!  
He doesn't want to do manual labor or take an entry level position.  I put a couple ads on Craigslist to do elder care or infant care and horse/pet care.  I got one response from a guy who wants someone to do housekeeping.  Now I hate cleaning, but if it is not some creepo and the job is fairly easy I might do it.  With my luck he will want a naked housekeeper!  LOL.. not my cup of tea!
We are expecting rain today getting heavier over the weekend and possible some snow.  That is disappointing but we do need rain.  I finally remembered what I planted out in the garden this fall.  Allium!  I have always wanted some of those.  They are budding already too.
This is what they should look like:
 I have smaller ones that look a little like that but are chives.  I took this picture today of a honeybee on a dandelion, I think I'll get a print and frame it for the fair this year.


 Anyhow that is all the news I have.. I'm not feeling so angry now.  I realize I'm hard on Rich and I need to be thankful for what I have.  It is hard however to live with a man who won't get a job.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely am grateful for all the times that God has shown me that He is intimately involved in my life. I cannot even count the times that we have been down to our last few dollars and somehow, something came through for us. It's amazing to me that we have been so beautifully provided for while i've been out of work. Would I rather be gainfully employed and self-sufficient? Definitely. However... I know that I am who I am because of what I've been through. I'm praying for you, friend. I know it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to find you feeling better. It's hard enough to go through hard times. It does look like given your circumstances he wouldn't be so picky about what type of work he took. Praying God helps his attitude and lead both of you in searching for employment that you might find just the right answers.
    Barbara
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    I found your blog on Linda's blog. It doesn't matter so much that you think you are fat, it's the character of a person that matters. You look like a very sweet, friendly person. Love the birds on your blog and your photo of the bee on the dandelion. Hope you find a part time job that will be good for you. Take care.
    Nanette
    Tucson, Arizona

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!