Sunday, August 15, 2010

Boring, boring week

Our car has been out of commission for several days.  First we though it was the security system because the fuel system was checked twice and came back ok.  Off to the shop it went and over $200 dollars later they said it was something with bad wires.  It ran fine for one day and then wouldn't start again.  They towed it down again and now said it is the fuel pump and it will cost $900 to get it fixed and they wanted to charge us again for towing.  Needless to say we did not pay for the tow there or back because they told us to begin with that it was not the fuel system.  So my husband ordered the part online and will try to put it in himself.  Lets hope it works!  I am supposed to go up to the new barn tomorrow to work for a couple hours.  I have been stuck home for 4 days and I am getting weary of it.  We have been relying on a neighbor for rides for my son back and forth to work and have to ask him again tomorrow.  I hate asking but we need to get places and he is well compensated.  I guess he is getting a little crabby about it though so I hope the part comes soon!
I guess I have been medically "retired" from my job at the nursing home.  It isn't official yet but I got a check and a card.  So I guess in mid Sept. I will be unemployed.  Time to hit up unemployment I guess.  I wish they would let me go now, but I guess legally they can't.  Disability has been slow with the checks.  I did get one for a raise I was supposed to get back in the spring, so that was a nice bonus surprise!  Its gone however of course.  To overdue bills.
The garden is spitting out tomatoes now and squash about every other day.  We have lettuce still but its getting bitter.  We had some cabbage last night, still have potatoes to harvest but not quite yet.  I know there are some there because I uncovered on to take a peek.  I made jam for the first time.  It came out so-so but I guess with practice I will get better.  I want to can some pasta sauce or tomatoes soon also.  I have been resorting to taking a lot of pictures lately, you can see them on my facebook page, but here are a couple from the last couple days.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hope your car is fixed soon there is nothing worse than being carless ~
    Pictures are lovely ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has ordered plenty of car parts and was able to save lots of money by fixing them himself. He's not a mechanic either. I'm sure you're husband will do a good job.

    My squash and tomatoes are growing like crazy too.

    Hope you have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!