Monday, September 11, 2017

Where did summer go?

I swear, the older I get the faster the spring and summer goes by.  Winter drags on as usual.  I wish I could live the snowbird lifestyle!  I finally broke down and bought a car.  I had to say goodbye to Blue and send her to the vehicle retirement home at Cornell's.  It broke my heart to see her get hauled off.  I bought a 2009 Buick Lucerne with only 22,000 miles on it.  It is a really nice car but I have payments to deal with now!
I have been getting less and less hours at work which is very discouraging.  I have also been having a hard time dealing with death and the sounds and smells that come with it.  I had to stay out of the room with the last two residents because of the breathing sounds.  I felt terrible and guilty.  I talked to one of my supervisors about it and she said that I shouldn't feel that way.  She has a problem with feces.  The mucus issue for me is why I never became a nurse.  I think I would have been a very good nurse except for that.
I did not go kayaking at all this summer.  No fishing either for that matter.  I did buy a kayak kit for the new car but I'm hesitant to use it.  I don't want to scratch up my new car!  I will have to load up and unload with a helper.  Luckily at boat launches there is no shortage of helpers.  Guys love to help women in distress!  I have been trying to get out and do things.  I took a couple day trips, went to Shelburne Falls and Old Deerfield with Chuck and Jenn.  Took Sarah to President Martin VanBuren's house in Kinderhook.  Took Sarah and Krys to Oakwood cemetery in Troy.  Yesterday, I went to the Tugboat roundup in Waterford with Aunt Janice.  I didn't realize it, but the Ndkinna Native American festival was going on right in Saratoga too.  I still enjoyed Waterford.  There were raptors there!  I loved seeing them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!