Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Weird dream/past life?

I fell asleep this afternoon and have a very strange and realistic dream.  It was almost like I was living a past life.  I was a young man and I experienced my life from childhood to young adult.  My father was a horse trainer and had show horses.  I remember learning how to ride and show horses.  The time period was in the pre-world WW2 era.  We lived in Europe.  I rescued a draft horse that I named Tommy.  He was a Suffolk Punch breed horse.  He was lame in his rear left leg and I bid against a slaughter house owner for him.  I rehabilitated Tommy and he became a champion.  The war started and in this dream I saw planes flying over the barns and bombs dropping.  I was trying to rescue the horses and not get killed.  The Nazis were coming to take the remaining horses.  I got on Tommy and was riding away into the forest.  I fell off at some point and was mortally wounded.  I was on a steep embankment and Tommy was at the top.  I called to him and he came to me and I grabbed the reins and he pulled me to the top.  I lay there and took my last breath and died.  It was then that I woke up.  
It is strange because my mother was born in 1945 at the end of WW2 and she is of French heritage.  I guess I read too much into things, but it felt like I was living a past life.  The Suffolk Punch horse was bred in England and used during war time to pull heavy machinery.  They were also sold to slaughterhouses for meat.  It is considered a rare breed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!