Monday, March 13, 2023

Albany house sit with Charlie

 I've been in Albany for a month now.  One more month to go!  Charlie and I have a good routine.  He has an unfortunate habit of wanting to be fed wet cat food in the middle of the night.  I get up a couple times to feed him.  Then he likes me to get up early in the morning.  The last few mornings have been a battle because I don't want to get up and he doesn't like to be told no.  He is a funny cat with a very friendly purrsonality.  He likes me and gives me baths.  He is particularly fond of licking my forehead, but that hurts!  

Rich the sort of ex all of a sudden went on a crusade to get a divorce and was insisting on having me sign the papers immediately.  I went into panic mode because I don't trust him.  I told him to send me the paper and I'll look it over and sign it and mail it back.  Now he refuses to talk to me.  So I don't know if he has sent the papers or not.  I guess I will have to drive up to the house to check on things.  I've been trying to get hold of neighbor Dave and see if he has stopped by but he doesn't like to answer his phone and Niko has been swamped at work.  He is going to Boston tomorrow for dance practice for Anime Boston.  

I helped him get another car.  I ended up co-signing on a loan.  I hope he makes his payments!  I don't want to have to pay for it.  It's not that much, but still!  I already bought him one car.  

Anyway, the place I am sitting at is a senior independent living facility.  I am in a cottage which is separate from the main building.  There are meal points available, so I am able to get lunches or dinners.  I have been getting a dinner every other day.  My problem is that it comes with dessert!  I have been eating pie, cake and cheesecake frequently.  I need to cut back because I am starting to get even fluffier.  I also was initiated into the joy of Pistachio ice cream.  The first kind I tried was Ben and Jerry's and it is a mouthful of joy in each bite.  I bought HagenDaz also and while it is ok, they use ground up nuts instead of whole nuts like Ben and Jerry's.  I prefer the whole nuts.  I need to just stop buying it because I can eat an entire pint in one go!

The retirement community is near the Albany Pine bush and wild turkeys come over here and walk around the neighborhood.  It's funny to see them.  

We are expecting a Nor'easter tonight.  If I can't get hold of anyone, I will have to drive up to Burnt Hills before it hits and check on things.  I have prescriptions at CVS to pick up.  I guess they can wait a couple more days, but I want to see if Rich sent those papers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!