Saturday, January 5, 2019

Happy 2019

2019 is here and I'm wondering if this year will be a boring repeat of last year.  I've been tossing around the idea of becoming a Workaway volunteer.  Basically it involves staying with people and helping them out with various projects and getting a free place to stay.  It usually involves free meals as well.  Most places ask for 20-25 hours of work a week, but it appears that may be the minimum at some places.  If there is work to be done, you are probably expected to help out.  With my back, I don't know if that is feasible.  Most workaway volunteers seem to be young, healthy college age kids.  I may have a solution for the house while I am gone (if), but it can be a double edged sword.  Rich (my husband), is in rehab at Conifer Park and will be getting out soon with no prospective place to live.  I tried having him back a couple months ago and I was ready to pull my hair out.  I think a lot of that was the fact that I felt I had to try and reestablish our relationship and entertain him while he was here.  If he comes back, I will keep it as a room-mate situation.  He will need to respect my solitude.  I also will have to get him off my bank account for good.  Another issue is the fact that he will not be able to pay all the bills for the house, if he wants to keep the nice things like internet.  He also does not have a vehicle and will be stranded if I leave with the car.  So, I may end up having to contribute to the household bills even when I am not there.  I don't have a problem with that, considering he is "holding my spot".  Of course, he might decline the invitation all together.  
The idea I have come up with is scary but exciting at the same time.  I fear the income loss with my job and the medical issues that may come up while I am gone.  I also fear having to come back and being stuck with Rich!  I think I would rather just give him the house and live in my car!

I can no longer ignore the bowel issues I have been dealing with.  A trip to the ER confirmed that fact.  They could find nothing wrong, but I am thinking it is intestinal related.  My pancreatic enzymes are still low, but for some reason, my Dr. office seems to think that is ok.  I think some of my issues are related to my body not being able to metabolize certain foods.  It is rebelling!  

My crocheting has been coming along nicely.  I can make a decent hat now.  I made a store on Etsy, but without being a known seller, I think it will be difficult to get established on there.  Novelty hats seem to be quite popular, so I need to learn how to make those.
Not much else going on in my life at the moment.  I am either at a crossroads, or stuck in a rut.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!