Monday, October 29, 2018

Brownie

My old girl had to cross the Rainbow Bridge last night.  She developed an abscess on the right side of her face.  I brought her to the vet and he recommended an xray to see if it was soft tissue or cancer.  It was cancer.  She was very old, about 17 or 18, so it was time.  She passed peacefully in my arms, purring until the last.  
I'm upset by the amount of money the vet's office charged me.  No discount on anything, full price for the xrays (3), an examination charge, plus the euthanasia.  Unbelievable.  $500.  I'm disgusted.  
I am not going to get any more pets.  I still have Sasha and the outdoor cat, but I am going to try to find a home for the outdoor cat before winter.  
This is the last picture of Brownie, she is just passed.  I have a patch of her fur and her paw prints.






1 comment:

  1. I’m sorry for your loss, and I’m sorry it cost so much. It’s awful how much they charge. We took Gabe to the vet this morning. $50 for an exam.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!