Wednesday, October 20, 2021

14 years!

 I just realized that I have been blogging here for 14 years!  That's a long time.  Not much new going on.  I quit Home Instead and I'm now a free lance pet sitter.  I've been enjoying it for the most part.  Most of my money seems to go to Niko but I have managed to put some away.  I have a few repeat clients and some new that are just starting.  I have a new client starting this Friday for a week.  They have 4 dogs and a cat.  The dogs really seem to like me and I like them as well.  The home is beautiful.  I won't be spending the night, but it isn't far away.  I am doing an overnight for 3 days at Thanksgiving.  Three really sweet small dogs.  One looks so much like my Buzzy dog.  I looked into his sweet little face and could see my Buzzy there.  This dog's name is Onyx.  

When I'm not doing that, I am mostly staying home.  I keep telling myself that I need to get out and exercise.  I really do.  I've been having increased back issues and I'm getting flabbier by the day with no muscle tone.  The upcoming pet sit is by the Indian Kill nature preserve, so I will get in there and go geocaching.  Last time I went there, I nearly passed out a couple times, my heart was acting up.  There are also several new caches at Anchor Diamond that is up the road a couple miles.  Tomorrow I have to go to Ballston Spa and sign a couple papers at the Veteran agency.  I also need to stop at Agway and get some bird seed.  I'm getting the cheaper kind because those darn sparrows just throw it all on the ground.  I'm hoping to get something besides sparrows this year.  I have had a Blue jay a couple times.  

I haven't posted a memory about my childhood in a while.  I will post something happy.  My Mom used to take us for a lot of nature walks when we were kids.  We lived in the middle of the country, so there were plenty of places to go!  We often walked up to the sand pit in the summer to pick blackberries. We would take a packed lunch with us. Mom would make jam from all the berries we picked during the year.  The sand pit has been a dumping ground for lazy people since I was little.  The state finally blocked the road, but I don't think they ever took out the trash.  We call it the sand pit because it is literally a sand dune in the forest.  I turned the area into an Earthcache and there is a physical cache there too that I should check on.  This area used to be the bottom of an ocean many millions of years ago.  There are many areas that have large deposits of sand still left from then.  There is certainly no shortage of sand for the town to use when treating the roads in the winter!  There is a large sand pit used by the town on Lake Desolation Rd and also one on Bockes Rd.  The sand heap on Bockes is interesting because in the spring, swallows dig nests into the sides of the pile and raise their young there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!