Monday, January 20, 2020

Leaving the house-Kathy-Woodkid-temp blanket

Agoraphobia is still rearing it's ugly head.  I haven't been taking really good care of myself.  I put off shopping for food until I am completely out of options except maybe canned vegetables that are years old.  Once I go and get back I feel great, but the thought of leaving the house makes me feel so anxious.  I have so much to be grateful for, but I let myself be crippled by this.  One good thing about it is that I save money!
My cousin, Kathy is dying.  She has a rare form of early onset dementia and is now on hospice.  I cannot go and see her.  That side of the family is very insular and keeps a tight circle.  They have gone through so much in the last 20 years.  My cousin's wife, who I was really close to, Ginny died of breast cancer.  Then John, my cousin was diagnosed of brain cancer and has died.  His daughter was killed in an accident.  Both of my aunt's died on that side of the family, my uncle died and now my cousin Kathy is dying.  
Ok whining over.
I discovered a new artist that I like.  Woodkid.  The music is amazing and his vocals are magical.  He has been around for a few years, but I only just found him.  I was watching Nathan Chen's gold medal skate for the World championships and Woodkid was his selection of music.  
I'm working on a temperature blanket for the year.  I started it using what colors I had on hand.  Pinks, blues, white.  I'll have to get another color soon for below the teens and below zero! I'm going by the average day time temp for each day.  Not the highest or lowest.  
We got about 7 inches of snow Saturday night.  It is cold.  I need to shovel a path out to the bird feeders.  I've been making my own bird treats with peanut butter.  The birds like it a lot.  I'll have to remember to check the meat department to see if they have any beef suet.


1 comment:

  1. I didn’t realize you suffered from agoraphobia. We are super cold here. 9 degrees
    at noon.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!