Thursday, April 4, 2013

Working on me

I can't say that life for me has been easy lately.  It has been very hard emotionally and somewhat hard physically.  I am still having a lot of anger over Rich and his behavior with his new girlfriend.  I have been going to counseling at the Va and it seems to be helping somewhat.  I am just having a hard time coming to terms with him moving on so quickly and not caring what I think or how I feel.  I have to remember than I am the one who asked him to leave.  I wish he didn't live right next door, I didn't think it would be like this.  He has no shame.  
I still have a lot of pain problems with by back, hips and legs.  I need to get out and exercise more and try to loose some weight.  I am up to 217.  I have never been this heavy before.  I weighed 30 lbs less when full term with a baby!
Spring is very slow to come this year and the cold is depressing.  I have to have the heat on still and it is so expensive.  I want to get out and do some fishing this week.  I have to stop and pick up some bait and some hooks.  I would like to try to catch some trout!  Being outdoors for me is the best therapy I can think of.   

3 comments:

  1. Grab yourself a bottle of Vitamin D and start taking it daily. Then while you are at the store, buy yourself a cheap pedometer. When you get home, put it on. Try to get in as many steps as you can and work up to 10,000 steps per day.

    Think of it as Movement not Exercise.

    Start watching what you eat. Eliminate all starches: Bread, Rice, Pasta, and Potato; and break the addiction to these sugars. Make good healthy choices.

    Be sure to get in your water, at least 6-8 glasses a day.

    My dr's office staff has actually all done this and have lost weight.

    Start taking care of YOURSELF because you really do deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you're going for counselng - been down that hole and sometimes it's hard to see the rope someone throws to get you out. You didn't get there in one day - even when it's hard try to focus on the little positive things that happen. And resist looking at your stupid ex husband - no matter how many times you look he'll still be stupid. You on the other hand have things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big believer in the power of counseling. I look forward to reading more my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!