Sunday, August 23, 2020

August

 August has been a pretty quiet month so far.  My birthday has come and gone leaving me one year older.  Travis wanted to go to a meadery in VT so he could get mead for his birthday.  So I turned it into an overnight trip and Niko went too.  The drive up was pleasant.  We stopped at Split Rock falls so I could show it to them.  It was more beautiful than I remember, the lower pool appearing emerald green.  I'm hoping that it isn't algae growth from so many people.  We stopped in Westport on Lake Champlain for lunch, which turned out to be outrageously expensive.  We stayed overnight in Plattsburg and I grabbed a couple geocaches there.  We drove north past Chazy to cross the lake into VT.  We then went to the Missisquoi Wildlife refuge.  Travis took the one mile loop trail around while Niko waited in the car.  On to St. Albans where we found out that the meadery wasn't open.  We ended up going to a beverage center to get the mead Travis wanted.  We then headed home, going over the Crown Point bridge on the way.  Overall it was a pretty boring trip.  I did enjoy seeing two Air Force planes on display near a military museum that was closed.  

Right at this moment, there is a beautiful double rainbow in the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!