Sunday, April 12, 2020

Holiday pissy mood

I have grown to hate holidays.  They have become meaningless, lonely days.  I am usually alone and rarely make an effort to celebrate.  I know a lot of this is due to depression.  Of course being in "lock down" isn't helping either.  
Today is Easter.  I always enjoyed that holiday as a kid and made sure my kids had a good Easter as well.  Now that they are grown and I'm alone with no social support or friends, I am lonely.  
Positive things... my daffodils are starting to bloom and my other perennials are coming up along with the dreaded mugwort.  The day started off sunny, but is now cloudy.  
I finished readying a good book yesterday.  It is called "The Lost Queen" by Signe Pike.  There will be a sequel coming out in the fall.  My reading selections recently haven't been exactly "classic literature".  I've been going thru an erotic romance phase with everything from aliens to supernatural beings.  So this previous book was a nice change.  I'm glad that I have Kindle unlimited.  I can read dozens of books for just a few dollars a month.  The Lost queen is on Kindle right now, but I read the paperback version.  
I transplanted my sweet potato vine into dirt today.  I will have to keep bringing it indoors at night until it is warm enough to leave it outside.  I think I might plant morning glory seeds in the porch planters this year.  I think they will look nice trailing down the side of the porch.  
I discovered that my lovely ex left some type of appliance on my patio covered with a tarp.  I don't know why, but I thought it was a grill until I peeked under it.  I think it is a washing machine. I know nothing about it.  I will ask Rich if it works and if not, I will have someone come and get it for scrap.
My new lawnmower is here and I assembled it.  I haven't tried it yet.  The grass is too short still.  I have to pick up more sticks in the yard as well.  I will have to clear out a spot for it in the shed so I don't ruin it like all the other mowers I have had.
Anyhow, I'm glad spring is here and I hope this stay at home thing stops soon.  I want to go for a road trip!   

1 comment:

  1. I love your page. It's rich enough. I would really love to follow you but I can't find a place to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!